- Title: Aspen Light
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Markleeville
- Brief Directions: From 395: Drive to the top of Monitor Pass. Aspen stand is off a dirt Forest Service road on the left as you begin to descend. From Markleeville: Just before reaching the top of Monitor Pass turn onto a dirt Forest Service road to your right.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is a beautiful aspen stand located near the top of Monitor Pass. This photo was taken in late October, just days before the aspens completely lost their leaves during our first winter storm of the season. The sun was minutes away from going behind the mountains to the west, illuminating the trees facing it.
- Gear: Canon MARK II, 28 - 135 Canon Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 18 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!