- Title: Zen Garden
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ibex Sand Dunes, Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Baker
- Brief Directions: From Baker drive about 35 miles north toward Shoshone, turn left onto Harry Wade road and drive 6 miles, turn right onto Saratoga Springs road and drive about 4 miles, then hoof it a mile across the desert to get to the dunes.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sand dunes are my favorite desert feature. The clean lines, the curves, and the endless play of light and shadow make them incredibly fun to shoot....Not to mention the amazingly exotic feeling of standing in a giant sandbox. Death Valley has a number of dune fields, but of the ones I've been to my favorite is the Ibex Dunes. Tucked away in the southern end of the park, the Ibex Dunes are seldom-visited and beautifully pristine. I found this scene just before sunset near the top of one of the taller dunes in the Ibex area.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee GND Filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 366 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!