- Title: Distant Cousin
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alabama Hills
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Brief Directions: West on the Mt. Whitney Portal Road from Highway 395 at Lone Pine, California. The Alabama Hills area is halfway between Lone Pine and the Mt. Whitney Portal.
- GPS Longitude: 118.0959
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: While on a weekend shoot in the Alabama Hills Area, I happened a upon this scene which emphasizes the differences of color and light upon their distances. Nice blends with stark contrast at the same time. Monumental Mt. Whitney in the background with its stately perfection and its remnant, random debris in the foreground. Nature is the only thing that can bend the rules and still take your breath away.
- Gear: Canon EOS 20D & Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 39 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!