Loxahatchee River #2
- Title: Loxahatchee River #2
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Jupiter, FL.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Loxahatchee, one of the nations "Wild and Scenic Rivers" snakes through northern Palm Beach County. I captured this image at mid morning in April. This family of Black Vultures was in no hurry to take to the air. Calm winds kept them on their roost but was a blessing for me as I was shooting from my boat. The river was still and made shooting from an unstable platform much easier! A decrease in the river's flow due to development has allowed saltwater intrusion to kill many of the old Bald Cypress that used to dominate this eco system. Mangrove trees have infiltrated much of the lower river corridor.
- Gear: Nikon 8008s, 28mm lens, Fuji Velvia 100
This Photo Has Been Viewed 105 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!