- Title: A Smoky Seduction
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Cherokee
- Brief Directions: Hwy 441 from either Gatlinberg or Cherokee into the Smoky Mountain National Park, then Newfound Gap Rd to the parking area at Clingman's Dome. A half a mile hike to the observatory.
- GPS Longitude: 83
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: One of the most spiritual sunrises I've ever experienced in my life~I made an impromptu trip to the Great Smoky Mountains after my father's death seeking solace in space and nature. I hiked up to Clingman's Dome in the pitch black darkness, feeling my way the entire half a mile. At the top, I waited alone in the dense fog and frigid pre dawn temperatures and had no idea of the beauty all around me. Then the fog lifted and the most ethereal pink light lit up the lavender layers of the mountains and truly had to ask myself, "is this Heaven?"
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 85mm,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 36 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!