Stone Mother And Basket, Pyramid Lake
- Title: Stone Mother And Basket, Pyramid Lake
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: The Pyramid
- Nearest Town: Nixon Nevada
- Brief Directions: From Reno Nevada take Hwy 80 East to Pyramid Hwy north till it ends at Pyramid Lake. Permits are required to be on the reservation.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Pyramid Lake is on the Paiute Tribal Reservation near Nixon Nevada. One of the many stories say the tears of Stone Mother is what formed Pyramid Lake. The Lake is the site of tufa deposits which are rock composed of calcium carbonate that forms at the mouth of a spring from lake water. Lake Tahoe flows into the Truckee River which flows into Pyramid Lake and has no outlet. I have been very fortunate to have photographed this area as it is now off limits due to the graffiti vandalism. Only tribal members are allowed on or near this area.
- Gear: Pentax K10D 18-55mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 106 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!