- Title: Moulin Rouge
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ricketts Glen State Park
- Nearest Town: Wilkes-Barre
- Brief Directions: From Wilkes-Barre, PA~take 118 West to 487 North to the park entrance.
- GPS Longitude: 76
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Ricketts Glen in upstate Pennsylvania is the Disneyworld of waterfalls. 24 official waterfalls and literally hundreds of cascades make this a MUST experience for landscape photographers and waterfall enthusiasts especially. In spite of it's popularity in the Fall, the vast acreage allows for solitude and quiet walks in the woods. I found this little bit of stream ablaze in Autumn orange. The rock formations leading you into the "spaloosh" were decorated with festive fallen leaves and the evergreens added a dramatic contrast to the color collage.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 16-35mm, BW circular polarizer, Induro carbon fiber tripod, Giotto ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 128 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!