- Title: Heart Of The Sierras
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Catheys Valley
- Brief Directions: Hwy 140 West of Yosemite National Park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: After the clouds rolled in at Yosemite National Park, I followed the light just west to the Sierra foothills. As the sky smoldered and then sparked into a fiery red blaze, I frantically looked for a subject worthy of that sunset. In the spirit of Ansel Adams, I took a minimalist approach to the scene capitalizing on the beauty and grace of this aged blue oak tree.
- Gear: Nikon D300S, Nikkor 18-200mm, BW CP, Manfrotto tripod, Tamarac photography backpack
This Photo Has Been Viewed 81 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!