Mt. Whitney Moonrise
- Title: Mt. Whitney Moonrise
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Inyo National Forest
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine, Ca
- Brief Directions: From Lone Pine, turn onto the Whitney Portal Road and hike 11 miles from the trailhead to the summit.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: After an agonizing accent of Mt. Whitney, the tallest peak in the continental US, with full backpacking and camera gear, the full moon rose behind the Inyo Mountains. This photo was taken just below the summit. In this scene you can see the lightning cabin on the summit, the Whitney Portal, the Alabama Hills, Lone Pine, the Inyo Mountains, and into Death Valley National Park.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, Canon 24-20L, Singh Ray Galen Rowell 2 stop soft GND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!