Medicine Bow Tarn
- Title: Medicine Bow Tarn
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Snowy Range Mountain, Medicine Bow National Forest
- Nearest Town: Centennial, Wyoming
- Brief Directions: From Laramie, Wyoming, drive west via state highway 130 about 44 miles to the trailhead above Mirror Lake. Hike parallel to the Snowy Range peaks about 2 miles.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The hike to this location is about 30 minutes and I started about an hour before sunrise, hoping for predawn color on an interesting cloudscape. Clear weather following the summer monsoons took away the clouds, but the scene was striking for its contrasts. Sunlight washing the distant sheer rock face made the silhouetted trees around the small alpine tarn really stand out, and the reflection of both light and dark subject was beautiful.
- Gear: Pentax 67ii, 55 mm lens, Fuji Provia 100 film
This Photo Has Been Viewed 252 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!