Chimney Rock On Fire
- Title: Chimney Rock On Fire
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Ridgway
- Brief Directions: Heading north on highway 550 out of Ridgway drive
5.6 miles before turning right onto County Road 8. Follow County Road 8 for 3.4 miles before reaching the intersection with County Road 10 and turning left. Drive another 1.5 miles before the road splits off into County Road 8 and 8b. Stay left onto County Road 8 for another 1.4 miles.Stay left on County Road 8 at the second intersection which becomes Forest Road 858 upon entering the national forest. There will be a small turn off to the right that leads to a parking area. Follow a small trail to on the southwest side of parking area for a quarter mile to an outcropping of rocks. From here you can view Courthouse Mountain, Turret Ridge, South Cimarron Ridge and the valley around Ridgway.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: For the 2013 fall colors I had one shot I just had to get and this was it! Chimney Rock, the scene of famous movies such as True Grit and How the West Was Won. Sunset lit up the rock like it was on fire. Amazing night. The recent dusting of snow added just the right amount of flair too.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 70-200, CPL
This Photo Has Been Viewed 75 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!