- Title: Psychedelic Shore
- State/Province/Region: Massachusetts
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Concord
- Brief Directions: Take Route 62 east out of Concord Center. After about a mile and a quarter, take a left down Monsen Road ignoring the Dead End sign. At the end of this block of quiet, suburban homes, is a wooden fence around a narrow driveway that is the entrance to the Refuge.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Dusk at Great Meadows and everyone else had left, fleeing the mosquitoes that would target anything warm-blooded as night approached. But when I saw what dusk's fading light was doing on the water and surrounding spread of lotus plants, I had to stop. Yes, I suffered numerous bites but those itches have since subsided, those bites healed but my memory of that glorious spread of Psychedelic Shore and groovy color does not fade.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II & Canon EF16-35 f/2.8L II USM lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 77 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!