The World Of Poppies
- Title: The World Of Poppies
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: High Desert
- Nearest Town: Lancaster
- Brief Directions: Drive along the 14 to Antelope Valley and head West to the poppy preserve. If they are blooming, just follow the crowds.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Not far from the Antelope Valley Poppy Preserve are large fields of wildflowers that carpet the floor. A late snow storm that left snow on the Tehachapi Mountains made for a perfect background. The challenge was the wind. Taking 12 shots at different focus points were used to help fill in the blurs and provide a sharp background. I found that it exciting to develop the shot as detail was brought out within the poppies showing me the diversity within the clusters. I imagine that must have been the feeling of seeing images develop in the dark room and picking up detail as they became sharp. Something the digital age doesn't appreciate.
- Gear: Sony a900 SAL70200 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!