Light Pollution Over The Sangre De Cristo - Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- Title: Light Pollution Over The Sangre De Cristo - Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: Hike to the top of High Dune and begin down the back ridge but do not descend all the way. There is a shelf on the left hand side where I photographed on the night of a new moon in September.
- GPS Longitude: 37.749845
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Experiencing light pollution in Great Sand Dunes National Park, is nothing compared to a major metropolitan areas issues. But it's still disturbing to see in such a pristine and exotic landscape. This photo captures light from the nearest neighboring town that is over 30 miles away and completely on the other side of the mountain range. The night sky is ripped open with light blotting out millions of stars that would be otherwise visible to the naked eye.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 24mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 701 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!