Single Ray - Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- Title: Single Ray - Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Nearest Town: Alamosa
- Brief Directions: This photo was taken at one of the several view points just outside of the park. The longitude and latitude for this submission is approximate as I am not exactly sure which one we picked.
- GPS Longitude: 37.705931
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Every sunset in this park is spectacular! The evening in which this photo was taken was no different. Late afternoon storms created a dynamic and volatile view over the San Luis Valley. As the sun began to dip and the clouds began to merge to our west I thought the light show was about to wrap up early. Little did I expect, but a single solitary ray of light shot out like a laser beam. Lasting only a minute or so, I quickly snapped up the amazing view that lay before us.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 640 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!