- Title: Water And Time
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Narrows (Zion NP)
- Nearest Town: Springdale
- Brief Directions: Shuttle to Temple of Sinawava, Riverside Walk to end then hike up the Virgin River for a couple of miles, o Wall Street area.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Photography while hiking the Virgin River Narrows was both a challenging and rewarding experience. The main challenges are hiking the river with the camera gear (tripod is a must) and the ever changing lighting conditions. The reward is the scenery and portraying this in photo. This particular photo was taken on the way back down the river. The light was reflecting off the right side canyon wall to the left wall, the bluer water color of the deeper holes with the lighter color rocks (a lot are black) made for a good composition. Used a small apature for the depth of field and at ISO 100 this made for a long exposure (6 sec) which created a nice silky effect on the moving water. It is certainly impressive what water and time can achieve.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, 17-40mm Zoom, Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 71 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!