- Title: Fire Sky
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: NC Outer Banks
- Nearest Town: Corolla
- Brief Directions: Outter Banks North Carolina near the Currituck Beach Lighthouse and the Whalehead Club
which are located at Currituck Heritage Park which is 30 miles north of Nags Head in the town of Corolla, North Carolina.
- GPS Longitude: -75.831705
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: While looking for color in the month of October on the Outer Banks of North Carolina my husband and I came upon this scene.
We had visited the sight earlier in the day and when leaving I mentioned this would be a great place to take a sunset picture.
After getting a bite to eat, we returned and at first there was disappointment. As we were leaving we turned for a last look and in amazement the sky was on fire.
We ran back to our chosen spot and I laid down on the wharf and started to take pictures supporting my camera on the wooden structure. Disappointment turned into joy!
- Gear: Nikon D70;AF-SDXZoom Nikkor 18-70mm1:3.5-4.5G ED
This Photo Has Been Viewed 38 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!