- Title: Acadia Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mountain Desert Island
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor
- Brief Directions: From Boston take I-95 north to Augusta, Maine, then Route 3 east to Ellsworth, and on to Mount Desert Island. For an alternate route, continue on I-95 north to Bangor, Maine, then take Route 1A east to Ellsworth. In Ellsworth, take Route 3 to Mount Desert Island.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: In the Acadia National Park, I rose early to be on the coast of Mount Desert Island to catch the first rays of sunlight on the rocks along the coast. I found the light on the clouds and the sky to have the hues of pink and yellow those are so beautiful as a backdrop to the drama of the surf crashing onto the rocks.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 24-70mm/f2.8 lens, Manfrotto Tripod, polarizer.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 37 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!