- Title: Looking Glass Rock
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pisgah National Forest
- Nearest Town: Brevard, NC
- Brief Directions: Head toward Brevard via Highway 64 (Hendersonville Highway) in Western North Carolina to 276 or Pisgah highway to the turnoff on the right for the National Forest Road.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Looking Glass Rock gets its name from the way the granite face reflects the sunshine. In the fall, with the leaves changing color, it makes a remarkable scene. When it comes to color, nature has it all in western North Carolina in the fall. To get a scene with the morning light reflecting off the rock and the surrounding trees all ablaze and the mountains shrouded in blue haze, you have what brings many people to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Gear: Gear Nikon D700, 24-70 mm f/2.8, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 74 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!