- Title: Pasture, Avers-juf
- Country: Switzerland
- Nearest Area: Avers-Juf region of Canton Graubünden
- Nearest Town: Juf
- Brief Directions: The villages in the region are served by Postal Bus (PostAuto) during all seasons.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: At an altitude of 6,975 feet, Juf is the highest village with permanent residents in Switzerland and in Europe. It was settled in the late 13th century by Walser immigrants.
The Avers-Juf region lies well above the tree line and the topography is unlike many Alpine regions, combining rich pasture land with rather austere brownish rock rising above. But when the sun is right, the contrast between rock and verdant meadow can be striking.
- Gear: Canon EOS-40D with IS 17-85 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 247 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!