- Title: Kulshan
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Snoqualmie National Forest
- Nearest Town: Belingham
- Brief Directions: Hwy 20 to Baker lake road
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Kulshan (the Lummi indian name), The most prominent active volcano in the The North Cascades and part of the Pacific Rim of Fire. Renamed Mt Baker in 1792.
The hike to Park Butte is fairly strenuous, but the shear beauty of this area is well worth the hard work getting there, after spending a stormy night in the look out, the following morning I was very lucky to have a lenticular cloud form over the mountain and to allow for almost perfect conditions.
- Gear: 5D Mk II, EF 16-35f/2.8L II
This Photo Has Been Viewed 633 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!