- Title: Early Bird
- State/Province/Region: Washington D.C.
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: C & O Canal National Park
- Nearest Town: Washington, DC
- Brief Directions: Off the C&O Canal
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a picture taken along the Potomac river in Washington, DC. This was taken in the early morning as the sun was just rising. I made my way out on the slippery rocky river bank in the pitch dark.It had become my routine during a several week fish run in early spring. The water in this area is highly dangerous and has taken many lives. I've seen a bird sucked under, not to emerge. When I got to my position I draped camouflage material over me and waited in my usual contortions trying to get the best composition. I used a prime lens to get the maximum detail I could get.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f2.8L II IS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1650 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!