Photosynthesis For Breakfast
- Title: Photosynthesis For Breakfast
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Nearest Town: Susanville
- Brief Directions: Hwy 44 to Butte Lake Campground
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Painted Dunes part of Lassen Volcanic National Park. This landscape was shot standing on top of the cinder cone (one of many in the park) which erupted in the 1600's. Since the landscape has rehabilitated into a dreamscape. This was shot in the morning, right as the sun was peaking over the horizon. What makes this place special to me is how the cinders from the explosion have oxidized and turned colors. The reds, greens, and browns really make a spectacular sight.
- Gear: Pentax K-5, DA 55-300mm, Benro Travel Angel Tripod, Cokin Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 78 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!