- Title: Star Dust
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sand Mountian Recreation Area
- Nearest Town: Fallon, NV
- Brief Directions: HWY 50, 30 miles east of Fallon.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sand Mountain in Nevada is huge! It goes straight up about 600 feet. This was once a huge tourist spot as it is part of the Pony Express Route through the Great Basin of Nevada. Today it is popular among motorized desert enthusiasts. This is great for them and I see how much fun it can be to speed around the soft sand; yet for photographers it makes for a difficult time to find an untouched composition. I had to hike around all over looking for unblemished compositions and towards to back of the mountain I came across a nice spot with pristine sand. Luckily I found it with the sun at an angle to afford me a sunstar.
- Gear: Pentax K-5, DA15mm, Hoya Circular polarizer, Benro Travel Angel
This Photo Has Been Viewed 66 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!