- Title: Wilderness
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier Point
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Brief Directions: Use Hwy 41 to Wawona, turn right onto Glacier Point Rd and follow to the end.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sunset at Glacier Point, looking for a slightly different composition from this location, walked about 200 yds along the Panaroma Trail and noticed a carpet of bushes were in flower which made for a nice forground element. Because the forground was in the shadows experimented with a number of different graduated ND filters and finally used 2 x 2 stop grad ND filters to blend the transistions and get a even exposure. Took a number of photos and submitted shot shows the clouds turning nice shade of pink with last light on Half Dome and the Yosemite wilderness area.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, 17-40mm Zoom, Tripod, 2 x 2 stop grad ND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 138 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!