- Title: Sentinel
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bristlecone Pine Forest
- Nearest Town: Big Pine
- Brief Directions: From Big Pine on Hwy 395, head east up hwy 168 to the White Mountain Road (13 mi / 21km). Turn left and continue the remaining 7 miles (11km) up to Schulman Grove at 10,100' (3048m).
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Sunset at the Bristlecone Pine Forest, Schulman Grove. This was the first time visiting this area and it is almost an overwhelming feeling, the tree in this photo has been in that position for over 4000 years. The composition of the clouds were positioned to look like additional extentions to the tree.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, 24-105mm Zoom, Tripod, Circle Polarizer Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 69 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!