Gold Flows Deep, Zion River Canyon, Zion National Park
- Title: Gold Flows Deep, Zion River Canyon, Zion National Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Zion Village
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Last winter my while visiting Zion National Park my girlfriend and I hiked up the Zion River through the beautiful Narrows. For the entire hike you walk in the river often times having to swim to continue up the river. A park ranger informed us that this hike is only possible during the dry season when the river is low. Any time hiking the "Narrow's" there is the danger of flash floods that will flood the entire canyon and take the lives of poor hikers and enthusiasts. The light filtering in and bouncing off of the red and yellow rocks created enchanting displays of bright rippling reflections. If one is brave enough to brave this wild hike and crazy enough to bring their camera along they will experience some of the most awe-inspiring displays of light known to man.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 70-85mm EF
This Photo Has Been Viewed 65 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!