Escorting The Kids Across The River
- Title: Escorting The Kids Across The River
- Country: Botswana
- Nearest Area: Chobe National Park
- Nearest Town: Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Brief Directions: Take a tour guide from Victoria Falls over the border to Botswana's Chobe Park for day tours by boat or open vehicle, or stay in a lodge on the river.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: There is an island in the Chobe river that has wonderful mud holes and grass. Since Elephants are great swimmers they swim over in the mornings, graze and swim back to the mainland for the evenings. There are many crocodiles in the river, so family herds have to be very careful about making sure the water is clear and keep the young ones between the adults for protection. Several family groups, or a family group and small herd of males will some times band together for the swim over.
- Gear: Olympus E-5 50-200mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 13 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!