Ansel Adams Wilderness Reflections
- Title: Ansel Adams Wilderness Reflections
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra Nevada
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Lakes
- Brief Directions: From the town of Mammoth Lakes, take the shuttle bus to the Agnew Meadows Trailhead.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Like many photographers, I crave to shoot landscape scenes under interesting skies, thus increasing the possibility of adding a dramatic element to an image. The value of this is to have an image that may stand out, from a scene that has been photographed many times.
In this shot however, my intention was to portray a scene conveying this areas natural tranquility, during a calm and peaceful morning. I knew from experience that planning a backpacking trip to this area during the middle of summer, would give me the best possible chance of shooting in such conditions.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5 Lens, Manfrotto Tripod, Giottos Ballhead, Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 287 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!