- Title: Soft Yellow
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Sands National Mounument
- Nearest Town: White Sands New Mexico
- Brief Directions: North of White Sands New Mexico
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This picture was taken at White Sands National Monument. White sands provides a chance for a photographer to take their ankle weights off. Subjects can be simplified as shown in this picture. Distracting elements like power lines, signs and buildings are few if any. I wanted a deep depth of field to enhance the leading lines, created by the ripples in the dune, as far out as I could get so I used an f/22. The sand at White Sands is usually strikingly white but at times will take on the hue of the clouds. While taking this shot, in the afternoon golden hour, a weather front started to move in creating the soft light seen in this picture.The sand changed to pastel color hues from purple to yellow. The sand started taking on the soft yellow color as I took this shot.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 16-35mm 2.8L II , Manfrotto tripod, Hoya polarizor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 129 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!