The Hanging Flume Reconstruction
- Title: The Hanging Flume Reconstruction
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southwest Colorado
- Nearest Town: Uravan, Colorado
- Brief Directions: From Highway 141 going north from Naturita, Colorado turn left at the dirt road where the old, extinct, town of Uravan was located. That is about 13 miles. Go another 2 miles to the best view of the hanging flume. If you keep going on this dirt road it comes out of the canyon at Bedrock, Colorado
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Looking upstream at the San Miguel River and the one time reconstruction study of the Hanging Flume. The Hanging Flume was built in the 1860's to carry water from near Uravan, Colorado downstream 15 miles to a gold mining operation.
- Gear: Nikon D3, AF-S Nikkor 70-300 mm f:4.5-5.6 G
This Photo Has Been Viewed 41 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!