- Title: Carter Shields Cabin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gatlingburg
- Nearest Town: Townsend
- Brief Directions: From Pigeon Forge: Turn at Traffic light #3 onto Wears Valley Road and take 321 to Townsend.
Turn Left onto highway 73 and go untill you see a sign for Cades Cove where you will turn right onto
Laurel Creek Rd. This road runs straight into Cades Cove.
From Gatlinburg: Take 441 toward the National Park and Turn at the Sugarlands Visitor Center.
From here you will take Little River Road to Laurel Creek Rd which runs straight into Cades Cove.
See Park Map and follow these directions to find Cades Cove.
- GPS Longitude: 83
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Cades Cove was once known as "Kate's Cove" after an Indian chief's wife. The Cove drew the Cherokee Nation back again and again by its abundant wildlife and good hunting. Later, Cades Cove's wildlife drew European descent frontiersmen to make it their home. They and their offspring cleared the fertile valley floor and built farms to sustain them. The pioneer's families lived in Cades Cove for many generations before the cove became part of The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Today, Cades Cove is still as full of wildlife as before but draws not hunters, but millions of Smokies visitors.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-200 VR lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 895 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!