- Title: Innocent Days
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ocean Beach
- Nearest Town: San Diego
- Brief Directions: Near the platform at Dog Beach.
- GPS Longitude: -117.252478
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The San Diego River and its mouth along the coastal environment gets a lot of its pollution from urban runoff, and when the ocean gets contaminated because of it, people can get sick. However, many people do not know about the bacteria levels or the illnesses they can get from the water. This is because of a lack of communication from the government about the bacteria levels in the water and their effects on human beings. The government might post signs warning beach goers to swim at their own risks, but they do not tell them exactly why. They say that the bacterial levels high, but they do not say what is actually in the water. What will happen if they swim? What do they get sick from or how? It is definitely something that is under-invested in, as the government will cut the budget for it like Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger did in 2008.
- Gear: Canon PowerShot SD790 IS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 446 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!