Evening, Shi-shi Beach
- Title: Evening, Shi-shi Beach
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Olympic National Park
- Nearest Town: Neah Bay
- Brief Directions: Take the main road west out of Neah Bay and turn left on a road that is signed for Sooes Beach. The new trailhead is well-marked on the right. It is neccessary to purchase a Makah Recreation permit and to pay for parking at a nearby house (no overnight parking at the trailhead). The trail winds through primevil rain forest before descending a steep headland to the beach. Continue south along the beach for a mile towards Point of Arches.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Shi-Shi beach is considered by many to be the most beautiful beach on the Olympic National Park's wilderness coast. Long-standing access disputes have been resolved and a trail now crosses over Makah Tribal lands to permit hikers to explore this breath-taking area and the nearby Point of Arches.
- Gear: Canon 5D, Canon L Series 24-105mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 646 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!