Johannesburg Mountain, North Cascades
- Title: Johannesburg Mountain, North Cascades
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: North Cascades National Park
- Nearest Town: Marblemount
- Brief Directions: From Marblemount, follow the Cascade River road till its end at the Cascade Pass trailhead parking lot. Proceed up the trail to Cascade Pass and keep going, ascending the smaller trail up Sahale Arm. Prepare to do a lot of grunting - it's 4300 vertical feet up to the top of the arm.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Johannesburg Mountain has long captivated me. Its dramatic spires rise above Cascade Pass in North Cascades Park like a gothic fortress. I had explored different compositional options on numerous hikes to Cascade Pass but it wasn't until I made the butt-kicking climb up Sahale Arm that I found a vantage point from which I could do them justice and capture them in all their glory.
- Gear: Canon 5D, Canon 5D, L Series 70-200mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 272 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!