- Title: Cathedral Peak
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Brief Directions: Go to Yosemite Park, drive to Tuolumne Meadows, find Cathedral Peak trailhead. It's 3.5 miles to Upper Cathedral Lake
- GPS Longitude: 119
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Living and working at sea level makes life tricky in the high country. Even though this was my second day of backpacking at the Cathedral Lakes, and should have been somewhat acclimated to the altitude, my unaccustomed lungs were still sucking wind as I clambered around the bluffs above Upper Cathedral Lake shooting the incredible alpenglow that glazed Cathedral Peak. The bright orange light on the peak and in the sky was due in no small part to a wildfire raging down near Yosemite Valley.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Tokina 12-24 mm @ 14mm, circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1258 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!