- Title: Lofty Heights
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Resurrection Bay
- Nearest Town: Seward
- Brief Directions: Go to Seward, AK and take a cruise to the Chiswell Islands
- GPS Longitude: 149
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Alaska is one of those surreal places of the planet: a place that has scenery so breathtaking it seems impossible. The peaks in Resurrection Bay aren’t particularly high, but their sharp spires and glacier-covered flanks make them seem unassailable. I wanted to enhance this fairy-tale, unreachable quality of the mountains, so I placed the warmer, gentler, rocky slopes of the Chiswell Islands in the foreground of the photo to provide a stark contrast to those looming crags off in the distance.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8, TC-1.7
This Photo Has Been Viewed 268 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!