- Title: Particular Lenticular
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bering Sea
- Nearest Town: Adak
- Brief Directions: Fly from Anchorage to Adak, take a boat 100 miles west to Gareloi.
- GPS Longitude: 178
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Gareloi Island has clouds like no place else I've ever been. Clouds of all shapes, sizes, layers, and colors. Lenticular clouds formed above neighboring Tanaga Volcano constantly, and we'd get clouds like this one, but despite the similarities between the two peaks, never any Lenticular (or so I thought). I finally got it when my girlfriend, Mel, pointed out that this was in fact a lenticular, just seen from underneath.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Tokina 12-24 mm @ 12 mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1135 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!