- Title: North Pole Dive
- Country: Russian Federation
- Nearest Area: geographic North Pole
- Nearest Town: Murmansk in Russia, or Longyearbyen in Svalbard Spitsbergen Norway
- Brief Directions: go north.
in detail : flew from Geneva Switzerland to Helsinki Finland, then to Murmansk ( charter ), then by icebreaker to the North Pole ( www.quarkexpeditions.com ) via Franz-Josef-Land archipelago .
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: on a cruise-expedition to the North Pole with the russian nuclear icebreaker " 50 LET POBEDY " ( 50 years of victory ), we arrived July 25, 2008 at precisely the North Pole, GPS showed latitude N 90.0000 . We stopped, had a BBQ, and some of us took a dive . Look at the diver's perfect 90° angle at N 90° latitude ! The diver is an Iranian lawyer .
- Gear: Canon EF 50mm / 1.4 , on EOS 450D
This Photo Has Been Viewed 269 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!