- Title: Stormchaser
- State/Province/Region: South Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lakota Sioux land, near the Badlands.
- Nearest Town: Allen, Kyle
- Brief Directions: follow the wind ;-)
Tornado Alley extends from Texas to Canada, with the main activity in northern TX, OK and KS. But in late spring ( June ) the tornadic storms tend to shift to the north , Nebraska and the Dakotas. There are usually less tornadoes in June than April ( at least according to the stats ) but June has often more photogenic tornadoes, the days are longer, there is less haze .
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: chasing storms in Tornado Alley in springtime
this was June 6, 2007
a tornado formed in the Lakota Sioux reservation in South Dakota.
I chased with this man in the image, Gene Moore , a veteran tornado expert. ( see his site www.chaseday.com ).
- Gear: Canon EF 50/1.4 , on a Canon EOS 350D
This Photo Has Been Viewed 180 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!