Bright Angel Sunrise, Grand Canyon National Park, Az
- Title: Bright Angel Sunrise, Grand Canyon National Park, Az
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon Village
- Nearest Town: Flagstaff
- Brief Directions: From Phoenix, take Hwy 17 north to Flagstaff. Head west on Hwy 40 toward Williams. Make a right onto 64 and drive in to the Grand Canyon, driving on towards Grand Canyon Village and the El Tovar Hotel.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: It was my last day on the South Rim of the park. The wweather had been variable and the mornings had always dawned either raining or snowing. On this morning, I was walking along the South Rim Trail from the Bright Angel Lodge, heading toward the El Tovar Hotel. There is a viewing area across from the Hotel and that's where I got this shot of the sun on the saturated orange rock of the canyon.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk II, tripod, 4-stop ND filter, 24-105mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 333 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!