Sun And Clouds At Mather Point, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Sun And Clouds At Mather Point, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon village
- Nearest Town: Flagstaff
- Brief Directions: From Phoenix, take Hwy 17 north to Flagstaff. Head west on Hwy 40 toward Williams, taking the exit right onto 64. Drive straight into the park; Mather Point is the first viewing area within the park along this route.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: It was my last day in the park. I had just returned to the Mather Point viewing area after visiting Yaki Point, where it was snowing and foggy, The snow and fog departed, leaving sun, blue skies, and fluffy clouds that threw shadows on the canyon walls below. A hint of a storm still lingered with the sky remaining dark toward the right of the photo.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk II, tripod, 4-stop ND filter, 24-105mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 190 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!