- Title: Odd Man Out
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson, WY
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is one of my favorites of all my images as it represents what I believe to be the essence of photography, capturing ordinary scenes under extraordinary circumstances. During my 4 years living in Jackson, WY, I must have passed this tree hundreds of times without ever looking twice. On this morning in late fall, a substantial snowstorm engulfed the Teton Range taking away the chance to get the trophy sunrise shots. I decided to explore. As I was passing through Grand Teton National Park, a weak spot in the clouds above allowed a few moments of light to illuminate the brilliant yellows in this beautiful cottonwood tree. A forest of evergreens seem to watch in envy as their beautifully illuminated counterpart basks in a short-lived moment of glory before facing a long and brutal winter.
- Gear: Pentax 67, 200mm lens, Lee Filters 2 stop Grad. ND soft, Fuji Velvia 50
This Photo Has Been Viewed 559 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!