Setting Sun On Bonsai Rock
- Title: Setting Sun On Bonsai Rock
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Tahoe, CA
- Nearest Town: Incline Village
- Brief Directions: This small area is only about half a mile south of Sand Harbor State park on Hwy 28, but because the trail head is unmarked and 30 to 40 feet below the highway with a pretty steep drop, its very difficult to see. Heck, even after I found it (which took me a couple of days) I drove past it.
There really isn't a trail leading down to the area, just a few worn areas in the vegetation, all of which are fairly steep and have areas of very loose dirt and rocks. Because of this going back up is more more difficult than coming down.
- GPS Longitude: 39.184844
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Lake Tahoe is known for it's beautiful rock formations that lead from it's shoreline into the lake and this is one of it's more picturesque. While it doesn't have an official name, locals call it Bonsai Rock and for good reason.
- Gear: Mamiya M645, Mamiya 80mm lens, Fuji Velvia 100 Film, Bogen Tripod, Polarizing Filter and 2-Stop Graduated ND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 269 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!