- Title: Oxbow Pelican
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson Hole
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I had intended to get a shot of sunrise at the famous Oxbow Bend in Teton National Park. Instead, I caught the sunrise lower in the park, and made Oxbow Bend a scounting trip. I had set up here for about 20 minutes when these pelicans started flying over the area to feed. I saw this one flying my way and thought it might make an interesting element in a picture that needed just a little extra "kick," so I started firing away, trying to frame Mount Moran with the pelican.
This is the one I liked best.
- Gear: Nikon D300 with Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens, handheld
This Photo Has Been Viewed 248 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!