Mount Rainier Sunburst
- Title: Mount Rainier Sunburst
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mount Rainier National Park
- Nearest Town: Ashford
- Brief Directions: Naches Peak trail and Lake Tipsoo are located on the eastern side of the park on highway 410 towards Yakima. Park at Tipsoo Lake, where the trail head is only a short walk from the roadside parking lot.
- GPS Longitude: 46
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Naches Peak Loop trail is one of the most rewarding hikes in Mount Rainier national park. It is a gem both in the summer, when wildflowers are abundant, a in the fall when the ground is covered in a bright red shroud of blueberry bushes. This image was taken in late summer as the sun was just about to set behind Mount Rainier. The use of the Canon 24mm tilt-shift lens helped greatly in achieving sharpness from the foreground lupine flowers to the distant mountain peak.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk II, Canon TS-E 24/3.5L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 569 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!