- Title: Leprechaun Larches
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alpine Lakes Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Leavenworth
- Brief Directions: From Leavenworth, drive Icicle Road to the trail head. A Forest Service permit is required and should be acquired well in advance.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Enchantment Lakes in Washington state is considered by many the most beautiful natural wonder the state has to offer. While the hike in is quite strenuous at over 9 miles and 5,400ft gain, for those who make it, it is an unforgettable experience. It is especially beautiful in late fall when the mountain larch trees turn a golden yellow. This photo was taken early in the morning, shortly after sunrise, at Lake Leprechaun.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk II, Canon EF 70/200/4L IS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 626 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!