- Title: Edith Creek Dawn
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mount Rainier National Park
- Nearest Town: Ashford
- Brief Directions: From the western entrance (Nisqually) to Mount Rainier National Park, continue the main road SR-706 to Paradise. Park at the lodge and follow the trail to Edith Creek.
- GPS Longitude: 121
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Edith Creek Falls is one of the most photogenic places in Mount Rainier National Park, situated as it is with the majestic peak as a perfect backdrop. The photographer was arriving at this part of Paradise, the fitting name for the meadows on the southern slope of the mountain, just as the sun was rising to the east. When he realized that the sky was rapidly turning a bright pink, he ran up the hill to this well known location. The capture was made as the rising sun started to also light up the glaciers on the mountain side.
- Gear: Canon 5D, Canon EF 28-70/2.8L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 457 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!