- Title: Spirit Bear Log Walk
- State/Province/Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Great Bear Rainforest
- Nearest Town: Hartley Bay
- Brief Directions: From Bella Bella on the western shore of British Columbia, sail north, hugging the shoreline, through protected inlets until you reach Gribble Island. Scale the rocky shoreline and follow your Gitga'at guide to weave through the trees until you reach a selected area by a rippling salmon stream where, with luck, Spirit Bear will come visit you.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: He looks like a creature who's walked out of First Nations legend to live in the trees and streams of the Great Bear Rainforest. Legend speaks of the time when Earth was covered in ice. Raven, the Creator, decided to change the land to a beautiful green. But to remind us of when Earth was pure, clean and covered with snow and ice, Raven went among the black bear and turned every tenth bear white. This is the legend and wonder of Spirit Bear.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 933 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!