Summer Ice On Lost Lake
- Title: Summer Ice On Lost Lake
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Portland
- Nearest Town: Government Camp
- Brief Directions: From Portland, take 26E until you hit E Lolo Pass Road. From there you wind your way up the flank of Mt. Hood and simply follow the signs for Lost Lake.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Lost Lake is an idyllic setting high up in the Cascade Mountain range. It frames Mt. Hood perfectly, and offers all types of recreation during the summer, photography being my favorite. During the winter the road here is closed, and only accessible with cross-country skiis or snowshoes. During the summer months, it offers an ideal place to watch the sunset, as its location west of Mt. Hood typically will be a great viewing spot for Alpenglow.
On still mornings, you can get some great reflections, but the light is behind the mountain at this point, so the images will be backlit. There are many great vantage points through the trees surrounding the lake, or a quick walk into the water can offer a cleaner scene to shoot.
- Gear: Canon 40D, Canon 10-22
This Photo Has Been Viewed 3465 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!